We are looking for that perfect gem! 💎
Part-time sales and shipping associate, ideally a student.
YOU ARE A GOOD FIT FOR US IF:
- You LOVE everything Baba and you would love to greet our clients every Saturday at our Montreal loft from 10 to 5pm.
- You are super friendly and love to give the best customer service in the world.
- You have an eye for visual merchandising and love to make everything look super pretty.
- You don’t mind shipping big orders and lifting big boxes.
- You are a doer and you don’t mind the gazillion extra tasks (watering the plants, opening up boxes, tidyng things up… Anything! You can do it.)
- You are detail oriented but super efficient.
- You are bilingual. (Or close to being!)
- You have a good vibe.
Send your CV over here: firstname.lastname@example.org *Must be based in Montreal and must be available to work at our Baba Souk loft located in the HOMA district (Préfontaine Station) every Saturday from 10-5pm (schedule is subject to change from 1 to 2 days/week later on).
Amazing things come in small packages! As a part of our small (but growing) team, you’ll be involved in all sorts of fun stuff and will have the opportunity to help grow and build our company 💓
On est à la recherche de la perle rare! 💎
Conseillère à la vente et expédition des commandes, ce poste est idéal pour étudiant(e).
Tu es la bonne personne pour nous si:
- Tu aimes tout ce qui est Baba et tu aimerais vraiment accueillir nos clientes à notre loft de Montréal tous les samedis entre 10 heures et 17 heures.
- Tu es super amical(e) et tu aimes donner le meilleur service à la clientèle du monde 🙂
- Tu aimes la présentation visuelle et t’assurer que tout soit joli et à la bonne place. C’est tout naturel pour toi.
- Tu ne vois pas d’inconvénient à préparer des commandes, manipuler des objets lourds et soulever des grosses boîtes.
- Tu es travaillant(e) et tu n’as aucun problème avec les tâches connexes (Arroser les plantes, ouvrir des boîtes de marchandise, faire le ménage… N’importe quoi, tu arrives à tout faire!)
- Tu fais les choses avec soin mais tu es super efficace.
- Tu es bilingue (ou presque!)
- Tu as une bonne vibe
Envoyez votre CV par ici: email@example.com *Vous devez être basé(e) à Montréal et devez être disponible pour travailler tous les samedis entre 10 heures et 17 heures à notre loft Baba Souk situé dans le quartier HOMA près du métro Préfontaine. (L’horaire pourrait changer de 1 à 2 jours par semaine ultérieurement)
Notre petite entreprise est en croissance! C’est une opportunité d’intégrer notre équipe dès maintenant et de nous aider à grandir 💓
Oh Fall! I love you. Hot tea, oversized sweaters and cocooning inside our cozy nests. Sounds good to me! Here are my 6 fall favorites
1. It’s no secret that I’m madly in love with these textured pillows. Their color melange is just so pretty. They are flying away very fast, shop them over here.
2. These handmade baskets are just too cute to be true. They make such great planters. Can’t even pick a favorite! Shop them all over here.
3. These sumptuous Beni Ourain poufs are on Sale big time! It’s THE ultimate accessory if you don’t want to splurge on a larger Beni Ourain rug. It will add so much coziness to your home. Grab one before it’s too late!
4. This black & white pompom blanket has been a best seller over here. We love the graphic Berber embroidered signs, and don’t get me going about the pompoms… It’s now available in 3 colors, check them out right here.
5. Oh, our beloved argan oil! I’m already feeling fall on my skin and I need my favorite hydrating oil. The best for your face, body and even hair! I couldn’t live without it, honestly.
6. Our Peace poster, because what’s wrong with this planet already? Crazy dark times. We need more peace. ***$5 on each print sold will be donated to the Multiethnic Centre of Quebec. Its mission is to welcome and integrate newly arrived immigrants***
I’m so thrilled to finally share a peek at the Baba Souk loft! Can’t believe its already been a year since we moved into this loft and never really shared our pictures! Having professional pictures taken was so fun, we worked with photographer Caroline Perron, and she did an awesome job capturing our colorful universe. And I’m so proud to say, our little Baba loft has been featured on the Glitter Guide! (wowza! pinch me!)
The Baba loft is where I work everyday. It serves as our showroom, our office space and often as our photo studio. We are also happy to welcome our clients to visit our Montreal loft. If you’d like to drop by, just make an appointment by email. Some people prefer live shopping!
Here are some Baba Souk treasures in our modular shelves. This was a DIY project my husband made for us. (And I painted each and every one of these cubes!) A long job but worth it, the fun part being we can create different shapes with the cubes. They are perfect for displaying our goodies.
This is my “famous” pink desk. It’s also a DIY project. It’s a wooden desk I painted pink. Note to anyone who wants to try this: use some clear varnish over your paint after it dries, otherwize, the paint peels off! You will have to start over like I did if you don’t. My desk is always a mess (those who know me well will laugh!) Let’s say I’m a creative messy person. But hey, I’m trying to improve! 😉 I love the gallery wall behind my desk, we created it with a bunch of our favorite prints. Unfortunately, it never stays orderly like this very long because that’s the white wall we use for our photo shoots. So it changes almost every day!
This is me being camera shy. Gosh, I wish I didn’t have this problem! I just hate being in front of a camera… what can I do? Tips please! This one turned out not so bad because Caroline captured a moment when I was laughing at myself! I find it so hard to stay natural when having my picture taken. Argggh.
This is a little inspiration board my collaborator Camille put together. It never stays the same for long either but this quote has always resonated with me. I know it sounds cheezy but it’s so true. “Surround yourself with inspiring beings”. This is like my number one life/work moto.
Here is our little munchkins corner. I think it has something to do with being a mother, (I wasn’t all that interested in kids stuff before becoming a mom) but now I’m all gaga for cute kids finds. I really love our kids selection. We only carry handmade finds from talented designers. They make the cutest gifts for baby showers!
This is my favorite poster by artist Jordan Grace Owens. The color is so bright and cheerful, it’s the most perfect print for a nursery or a girl’s room. I recommend it all the time. Also, here are our favorite baby blanket, a cute wooden blocks game and our adorable cactus rattles. All handmade! Hard to resist.
This house–shaped pegboard also was a fun DIY project. We are huge fans of pegboards at the loft. So handy! I wanted one shaped like a little house (Thanks Honey!) and I painted it in this bright aqua color. I love the results and it was fairly easy and quick to make.
This spot is also forever-changing but how stunning is that rug? (I can’t believe it’s still available!!)This vintage pink chair used to belong to my great aunt. We also have lots of Moroccan poufs all over. (Of course!)
These cool triangular plywood shelves were something I imagined and had my friend Emmeline make! She nailed it. Fixing them to the brick wall was not a piece of cake. Who knew we needed a special bit on the drill to get through the brick?
My friend and collaborator, Camille, always makes the coolest papier mache projects. Have you seen our papier mache donut? This Baba Love heart is a keeper. The perfect quirky little thing to add to your display shelf. And two of my favorite books: The New Bohemians by Justina Blakeney (which I call The Blible) and a very creative book for those who like crafting, 25 Amazing Projects For Your Home by Beci Orpin. Books have always been a source of inspiration for me and we try to have a little library at the office in case of any creative block problems… (which, let’s be honest, never happens!)
I don’t know what I would do witout these girls. We are a very small team but these girls mean the world to me. Camille helps me with everything creative like styling and craft projects while Charlene is my right hand (and probably my left brain too). She saves my life all the time.
We also like to throw crafting parties around here. If you live near Montreal, make sure to check on our next creative workshop. They are fun get- togethers and we get to meet a bunch of creatives and we always have a good time. Hope you enjoy this little sneak peek from behind the scenes! Cheers -Stephanie
Many Baba Treasures are on sale! Woot woot! You should definitely check out our SALE section before it’s too late!