We have a gorgeous and -best of all- EASY and quick DIY idea to decorate your home for Halloween. It has been published on Glitter Guide! (We’re blushing!) This fall, we’re pretty much into a softer, romantic color palette and so our stylist Camille & I thought it would be fun to create pumpkins for grown-ups this year! Because yes, Halloween can be more than cheap candy and scary jack-o-lanterns.
I know you guys are busy so this one is a quick DIY project that ANYBODY can nail in only about 15 minutes. Busy gals and overwhelmed moms – we thought of you.
What you’ll need to make your Pumpkins:
– Pumpinks: We’re really into white pumpkins and light minty green ones. We also found some soft peachy orange pumpkins at the market. They really create a nice palette together.
– Green Floral Foam spheres (these you can find at any gardening center)
– A bunch of flowers. You can get creative here. We’d love to see your arrangements! TIP: Go to the farmer’s market to buy your flowers, it’s cheaper than going to the florist.
This is our flower selection if ever you’d like to recreate this exact look:
– Blushing Bride
– Leucadendron Plumosum Spray
– Leucadendron Safari Sunset
– Amaranthus Hot Biscuit
Step 1: Cut the top of your pumpkin, don’t make the opening too wide, only as big as you need for your bouquet.
Step 2: Remove the seeds using a large spoon.
Step 3: Immerse your foam spheres in water. Let them soak for a few minutes so that they’ll absorb as much water as possible.
Step 4: Insert 1 or 2 foam spheres inside the pumpkin. You’ll need one or 2 depending on the size of your pumpkin.
Step 5: Insert the stems into the foam balls to create your flower arrangement.
There you go! You have a gorgeous floral pumpkin. If you feel your flowers need more water, just add water inside the pumpkin.
Oh, and her fluffy cat, Rico, really liked them too apparently! 🙂
You can mix your floral pumpkin with uncarved pumpkins of different sizes and start decorating your entrance, or coffee table. You could also create a very pretty centerpiece for your dinner table. Thanksgiving is not that far away guys!
They really create a stunning romantic feel. How pretty would they be for a fall wedding decor too!! If you make some floral pumpkins, please tag us via Instagram, we’d LOVE to see your creations!
Have fun! – Stephanie