Handmade Boucherouite Carpet from Morocco – 4’6” x 6’8’’ – Berber Village
Sorry, I am sold out!
This handmade boucherouite carpet is such a stunner. It has the most perfect colour palette. Perfect for spring!
– This handmade Boucherouite carpet is made with recycled textiles.
– It is vintage and authentic and in excellent condition. It’s one-of-a-kind, we have only one like this.
– Size: 4’6” x 6’8’’ (137 x 203 cm)
– Due to its handmade nature, the shape is often imperfect, it can be slightly larger on one side which is how you recognize an authentic Boucherouite rug. The fact that it’s handmade makes it so beautiful.
– Shipping is FREE to the USA and Canada. (Contact us for international shipping)
I have to admit, Boucherouite rugs are a personal fave. They are just the most interesting, quirkiest and happiest pieces of textile. For me, they are contemporary pieces of art and their color bursts make me happy.
I often get asked if they’re as soft as Azilal rugs and it’s always hard to answer. In fact,the hand feel is not as “soft” as wool, since many types of fabric are used to make one single rug.The feel can be different depending on where you touch it. However,they are never rough but have more of a cotton feel. On the other hand, they are so fun to walk on, I just love that feeling on my feet. While it’s not the same feeling as walking on a comfy soft Beni Ourain rug, it’s definitely pleasant. I actually have one in my own bedroom beside my bed and I absolutely adore the feeling of walking barefoot on it every morning.
One other concern I often hear a lot, is “I’m worried about buying a Moroccan rug because my house is full of traffic. I have kids, dogs, and cats but I really want one. Which kind should I buy?”. That’s an easy one, a Boucherouite rug is the best option! Not only do they age very well, they are so colourful that a spill will never show. They are resistant, made for the wear and tear of everyday life and easy to take care of.
As I like to say: “All you need is a Boucherouite rug”. They are such a conversation piece! It immediately upgrades your decor with a boho-artsy vibe that will keep you smiling.
If ever you need a specific size, please don’t hesitate to contact us, we can have one made specifically for you as we work directly with the artisans in Morocco.
Boucherouite Rug Care Instructions;
– Every rug has been cleaned in Canada before being shipped.
– Moroccan rugs are made to be super resistant and last a lifetime. Please follow these simple guidelines to take care of your rug.
For regular care:
-You can vacuum your rug.
-To eliminate odors and humidity, let it dry in the sun for a day.
-Make sure it does not stay humid. If you store it, we do not recommend storing it in a bag.
Cleaning your rug:
-You can wash it by hand with laundry soap and rinse it with your garden hose. Then let it fully dry in the sun.
– If you prefer, you can have it cleaned by a rug cleaner. It should cost between $50-$100 to have it cleaned professionally.
Rug Return Policy:
- Your rug must be in original condition and show no signs of wear.
- If you wish to return your rug, please get in touch via email within 5 days of receiving your rug.
- Please return undamaged rug to us within 14 days for a full refund.
- Shipping costs for returning the item are the responsibility of the customer.