Moroccan Runner, Handmade Azilal From Morocco, 4’x 9’ – Antique Moroccan Runner
Sorry, I am sold out!
This Moroccan Runner is the perfect addition to a cheery hallway! The neon pops of colour make it extremely special and vibrant. It brings an instant smile to my face!
This Moroccan Runner is a traditional Azilal Carpet from Morocco. Each rug is unique and one-of-a-kind, only one is available.
Dimensions : 4’x 9’ (122 x 274 cm)
Pile: Low (.25”)
Fringe on both sides
Condition: Vintage, in excellent condition
*Shipping is FREE for the USA and Canada*
(Email us for international shipping quote)
Azilal rugs are a combination of virgin sheep’s wool and dyed wool, they usually have a lighter background complemented with graphic abstract patterns like diamonds or squares. Their patterns are surprisingly modern and contemporary. It’s fascinating when you think the women making them live far away from big cities and really don’t have that much access -or interest- in modern society. Their inspiration comes from nature and the graphic signs usually have a meaning for Berber women, the themes usually are protection, respect, fertility, positivity and good luck. They are weaved by hand following traditional weaving methods. The art of making rugs is passed down from mothers to daughters. They come from the Azilal region of the High Atlas Mountains North-East of Marrakesh. Depending on how many women work on the same rug, it can take as long as one month to finish one single piece.
You’ll find vivid colors in the Azilal rugs such as neon yellow, bright pinks or any other colors in the rainbow. The bright colored Azilal rugs have been made for the past 3 decades as the makers now have access to different yarn colors at their local souk markets.
Azilal rugs are usually low pile (less than 1” thick) and are always made of wool. They are soft and comfy. It is not rare to find a Moroccan rug that has an unusual weaved shaped on the side. This is the beauty of irregular handmade work and only adds charm to a handmade rug. Azilal rugs create an instant point of interest with their amazing texture and colors and make the perfect statement piece for a modern décor.
If ever you need a specific size, please don’t hesitate to contact us, we can have one made specifically for you as we work directly with the artisans in Morocco.
– Due to its handmade nature, the shape is always imperfect, it can be slightly larger on one side. This is how you recognize an authentic Azilal rug and it’s its handmade nature that makes it so beautiful.
Azilal Rug Care Instructions:
– Every rug has been cleaned before being shipped.
– Moroccan rugs are made to be super resistant and last a lifetime. Please follow these simple guidelines for taking care of your rug.
For regular care:
-You can vacuum your rug.
-Brush it with a plastic hand brush (like a small hand broom) it will remove the excess wool and refresh your rug.
-To eliminate odors and humidity, let it dry in the sun for a day.
-Make sure it does not stay wet or humid. If you store it, we do NOT recommend storing it in a bag.
Cleaning your rug:
-You can wash it by hand with laundry soap and rinse it with your garden hose. Then let it fully dry in the sun.
– If you prefer, you can have it cleaned by by a rug cleaner. It should cost between $50-$100 to have it cleaned professionally.
Rug Return Policy:
- Your rug must be in original condition and show no signs of use.
- If you wish to return your rug, please get in touch via email within 5 days of receiving your rug.
- Please return undamaged rug to us within 14 days for a full refund.
- Shipping costs for returning the item are the responsibility of the customer.