We’ve teamed up with our friend Emilie Murmure (a talented local food stylist, photographer and cook) to share our fave potluck party recipe! What to bring to your next party? This delish and gorgeous beetroot hummus. Its color is fascinating and how yummy does it look served in our Moroccan ceramic bowls?! Scroll down for the recipe.
I’ve been saying this for a while – and my friends are probably annoyed – but, I swear Moroccan ceramics make everything look even more delicious. Click right here to see our entire collection. (We carry these gorgeous Moroccan bowls in a range of color)
- 3 small beets
- 2 cups of cooked and rinsed chickpeas (320g)
- Juice from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of Espelette pepper
- Granulated feta cheese
- Small cucumber slices
- 1/4 cup of chopped pistachios *optional
- 2 tablespoons of fresh dill *optional
- Preheat your oven at 400°F
- Wrap up each beet in aluminum paper. Put in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until fully cooked. Let them cool down.
- With the help of a mixer or a robot, blend the chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, garlic cloves, salt, paprika, and espelette pepper.
- When the beets have cooled down, peel them and cut them into small pieces. Add them to the mixer and mix everything together. You can add one spoon of olive oil if needed.
- Serve (in your beautiful Moroccan bowl 😉 and add your garnish.
- Complete with your favorite crackers and raw veggies
Tips from Emilie
– You can keep your hummus refrigerated up to 5-6 days but there’s nothing like eating it right away. This recipe is approved by all my friends, enjoy!